Whenever you purchase the latest car from the dealer, the moment you take it out from the showroom its value depreciates 10 percent. Once you start rolling it on the road, it further goes down to 20 to 30 percent. By the time one or two-year passes, the price comes down to 50 percent. This means, when you try to resell it after a certain period, its value goes down by 50 percent.
Many people who can’t afford the cost of a new car switch to the idea of buying second hand car. They are available at a cheaper price, but at an excellent condition. Dealers who sell used cars ensure that the car is in sound condition. They also repair certain parts if they see any kind of maintenance is required. If you’re lucky then you can also find a Mercedes dealer who can provide you a luxurious car at a heavy discounted price.
Whenever you plan to acquire an old car, always follow these steps to avoid any trouble –
- Before you buy the car, finish your research work without any flaws. This can include your price range, model available in that price, your choice of car, and accessories available with that.
- You might get various ranges of car in that criterion or you might not get the car you desire in that price range. However, there is no harm in asking the dealer to negotiate.
- Collect all data about auction happening every week among dealers, buyers and sellers.
- Once you have decided the car, test drive is mandatory. Don’t let anyone else drive for you, but you should be doing it yourself.
- Also ask the dealer to give you the history of that vehicle. They should have records of the first buyer and odometer reading, this will help you decide how reliable the car is.
- When you have finalized your car after test driving, you can finalize the deal with your seller by signing a title. Get all papers from them and ensure that the car is free from any bad records.
- They will give you a pre-owned certificate that indicates that all your parts are in good condition and the vehicle is ready for sale.
If you know your choice and your estimated cost then your search becomes narrow and deciding one option will not be a difficult task for you.